FORGOTTEN COAST COTTAGES
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and any or all Agreements: "Client", “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person accessing this website and accepting the Rentor’s terms and conditions. "The Rentor", “Ourselves”, “We” and "Us", refers to Rentor. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves, or either the Client or ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner, whether by formal meetings of a fixed duration, or any other means, for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Rentor’s stated services/products, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing Florida Law. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Authorized employees of the Rentor on a need to know basis only use any information collected from individual customers. We constantly review our systems and data to ensure the best possible service to our customers. There are laws to address specific offenses for unauthorized actions against computer systems and data. We will investigate any such actions with a view to prosecuting and/or taking civil proceedings to recover damages against those responsible.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and as such, any information concerning the Client and their respective Client Records may be passed to third parties. However, Client records are regarded as confidential and therefore will not be divulged to any third party, other than [our manufacturer/supplier(s) and] if legally required to do so to the appropriate authorities. Clients have the right to request sight of, and copies of any and all Client Records we keep, on the proviso that we are given reasonable notice of such a request. Clients are requested to retain copies of any literature issued in relation to the provision of our services. Where appropriate, we shall issue Client’s with appropriate written information, handouts or copies of records as part of an agreed contract, for the benefit of both parties.
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by the Rentor will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
Disclaimer - Exclusions and Limitations
The information on this web site is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Rentor:
- excludes all representations and warranties relating to this website and its contents or which is or may be provided by any affiliates or any other third party, including in relation to any inaccuracies or omissions in this website and/or the Rentor’s literature.
- excludes all liability for damages arising out of or in connection with your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or you have advised this Rentor of the possibility of such potential loss), damage caused to your computer, computer software, systems and programs and the data thereon or any other direct or indirect, consequential and incidental damages.
This Rentor does not however exclude liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. None of your statutory rights as a consumer are affected.
All major Credit/Debit Cards, and Apple Pay are all acceptable methods of payment. Our Terms are payment in full at the time of booking. You will be responsible for any damage incurred during your stay. Guests are responsible and liable for the actions and safety of everyone in their group. Upon check-in, your card issuing bank will place a hold on your debit or credit card for room & tax charges, any applicable resort fees, plus $50.00 for incidentals per day for the entire stay. This hold will not be released by the issuing bank for up to five (5) business days after your departure. You authorize us to place this hold against your credit or debit card to guarantee any and all charges and, in the event that you do not settle your account subsequent to your departure, you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what you owe. You will be charged a $50.00 cleaning fee for your stay.
Minimum of 14 days notice of cancellation prior to check-in date is required in order to receive a full refund of booking fees. Cancellation within 13 days of check in date would allow you to receive a fifty percent (50%) refund of booking fees. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN FOR Cancellation within 7 days of check-in date. Notification for instance, in person, via email, mobile phone ‘text message’ and/or fax, or any other means will be accepted subject to confirmation in writing. We reserve the right to levy a $30 charge to cover any subsequent administrative expenses.
Termination of Agreements and Refunds Policy
Both the Client and we have the right to terminate any Services Agreement for any reason, including the ending of services that are already underway. No refunds shall be offered, where a Service is deemed to have begun and is, for all intents and purposes, underway. Any monies that have been paid to us which constitute payment in respect of the provision of unused Services shall be refunded.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within the United States, or in relation to postings from the United States. All advertising is intended solely for the United States market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including such by framing or other similar or any other means, without the express written consent of the Rentor. The Rentor does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service, you thereby indemnify the Rentor, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
You further agree to be personally liable and fully indemnify the Rentor and its successors and assigns for any and all damages directly, indirectly and/or consequentially resulting from any attempted or actual unauthorized downloading or other duplication of Materials from the Websites by you or any other person(s), including, without limitation, any governmental agency(ies), wherein such damages include, without limitation, all direct and consequential damages directly or indirectly resulting from Your unauthorized access and/or downloading of Materials from the Websites including, but not limited to, damages resulting from loss of revenue, loss of property, fines, attorney's fees and costs, including, without limitation, damages resulting from prosecution and/or governmentally imposed seizure(s), forfeiture(s), and/or injunction(s).
We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only by the Rentor on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Links to this website
You may not create a link to any page of this website without our prior written consent. If you do create a link to a page of this website, you do so at your own risk and the exclusions and limitations set out above will apply to your use of this website by linking to it.
Links from this website
We do not monitor or review the content of other party’s websites which are linked to from this website. Opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites are not necessarily shared or endorsed by us and should not be regarded as the publisher of such opinions or material. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices, or content, of these sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site & to read the privacy statements of these sites. You should evaluate the security and trustworthiness of any other site connected to this site or accessed through this site yourself, before disclosing any personal information to them. The Rentor will not accept any responsibility for any loss or damage in whatever manner, howsoever caused, resulting from your disclosure to third parties of personal information.
Copyright and other relevant intellectual property rights exists on all text relating to the Rentor’s services and the full content of this website.
We have several different e-mail addresses for different queries. These, and other contact information, can be found on our Contact Us link on our website or via Rentor’s literature or via the Rentor’s stated telephone, facsimile or mobile telephone numbers.
You hereby grant us the right, from time to time, at our discretion to send commercial, advertising or informational emails at your email address. You acknowledge that we may rely upon Your access to the Website and thus expressly consenting to these Terms and Conditions as Your permission to the Rentor to send you such emails. Furthermore, you grant us the right to continue to send You such emails until You specifically notify us in writing that you wish us to stop sending you said emails.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of such party including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, threat of terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. Any Party affected by such event shall forthwith inform the other Party of the same and shall use all reasonable endeavours to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
Failure of either Party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of this or any Agreement or the failure of either Party to exercise any right or remedy to which it, he or they are entitled hereunder shall not constitute a waiver thereof and shall not cause a diminution of the obligations under this or any Agreement. No waiver of any of the provisions of this or any Agreement shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be such and signed by both Parties.
The laws of the State of Florida govern these terms and conditions. By accessing this website and using our services/buying our products you consent to these terms and conditions and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Florida courts in all disputes arising out of such access. If any of these terms are deemed invalid or unenforceable for any reason (including, but not limited to the exclusions and limitations set out above), then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be severed from these terms and the remaining terms will continue to apply. Failure of the Rentor to enforce any of the provisions set out in these Terms and Conditions and any Agreement, or failure to exercise any option to terminate, shall not be construed as waiver of such provisions and shall not affect the validity of these Terms and Conditions or of any Agreement or any part thereof, or the right thereafter to enforce each and every provision. These Terms and Conditions shall not be amended, modified, varied or supplemented except in writing and signed by duly authorized representatives of the Rentor.
Notification of Changes
These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and us. You’re accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
User's Code of Conduct.
You agree, warrant and covenant to use the Websites in accordance with the following Code of Conduct and You agree and acknowledge that in our sole discretion we may, but are under no obligation to reject or delete any Materials posted or uploaded by You which violates any of the following provisions, and/or to terminate Your right to use or access the Websites for violating these provisions:
You will not use the Websites to engage in any form of illegal or criminal conduct, harassment or offensive behavior, including but not limited to the posting or uploading of communications or any graphic, video or audio content to the Websites which contain libelous, slanderous, abusive or defamatory statements, or racist, obscene or offensive language or that could be construed as engaging in illegal or criminal activity.
You will not use the Websites to infringe the privacy rights, property rights, or other civil rights of any person;
You will not post messages or use the Websites in any way which (i) violates, plagiarizes or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including but not limited to any patent, copyright or trademark law, privacy or other personal or proprietary rights, or (ii) is fraudulent or otherwise unlawful or violates any law.
Arrival and Departure Guidelines
- The lockbox with your key is located beside the sliding glass door.
- Place both remotes back on the side tables.
- Wash all dirty dishes, dry, and return them to the proper location.
- Place all used linens and towels in the bathtub.
- All trash should be taken to the trash receptacle located outside the property.
- Do a final check for any items that you may have forgot, making sure to check in all the areas you used including under beds, drawers, bathroom cabinets, porches etc.
- All doors and windows should be properly secured shut and locked and the keys returned to the lockbox.
Failure to comply with the departure guidelines may result in additional fees.
YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $25.00 FEE FOR FAILURE TO TURN IN KEYS.
Rules and Regulations
- There is a one (1) night minimum stay, excluding Holiday weekends.
- There is a two (2) night minimum stay for Holiday weekends. Holiday weekends include New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- You will be responsible for any damage incurred during your stay. Guests are responsible and liable for the actions and safety of everyone in their group. Upon check-in, your card issuing bank will place a hold on your debit or credit card for room & tax charges, any applicable resort fees, plus $50.00 for incidentals per day for the entire stay. This hold will not be released by the issuing bank for up to five (5) business days after your departure. You authorize us to place this hold against your credit or debit card to guarantee any and all charges and, in the event that you do not settle your account subsequent to your departure, you hereby authorize us to charge your credit or debit card or apply funds you have on deposit with us against what you owe.
- Occupancy shall be regulated by the State of Florida and will not exceed the bed rating per unit (6 persons).
- Smoking is prohibited in any of the Rentor’s Forgotten Coast Cottages and will be strictly enforced. If there is evidence of smoking in your room, you will incur a deep cleaning fee charged to your account.
- Pets are prohibited in any of the Rentor’s Forgotten Coast Cottages except for Sunrise, Lot 4.
- Pets shall be kept of all furniture, including but not limited to beds, couches, and chairs.
- You shall pick up and properly dispose of all the pet’s waste.
- Pets must be kept on a leash at all times when outside in accordance with Florida Law.
- There is a maximum of two (2) pets with each pet weighing under twenty (20) pounds.
- Rentor is not responsible for any items that are forgotten or left behind.
- For your security:
- Secure deadbolt and any locks on doors.
- Safeguard and keep your keys with you at all times.
- Ensure that all windows and doors are locked.
- Check in is at 4:00 P.M.
- Check out is at 10:00 A.M.
- Should your plans require you to adjust your departure date, please check with the Rentor on room availability, but note that your rate is subject to change. Please notify the Rentor immediately if there are any errors to name, rate or length of stay.
- Please observe quiet time from 11:00 P.M. until 7:00 A.M. every day.
- Please do not block the middle driveway for cottage “Cool Change-Lot 2.”
- The parking for cottages Lot 1 and Lot 2 will be beside the wheelchair ramp.
- Parking for cottage “Sunrise” (Yellow cottage) Lot 4, will park on the right hand side, to not block the middle driveway.
- You are prohibited from climbing, standing, walking, running, or entering onto the rocks located on the beach. This is strictly enforced.